A Conversation with U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor at the Annual Installation Gala Banquet on the Evening of Saturday, November 17
Join us for a conversation with the Honorable Sonia M. Sotomayor, Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. This event is black-tie optional. We encourage you to dress in traditional or ethnic formal attire.
Group Admission to the U.S. Supreme Court Bar and Swearing-in Ceremony
As a NAPABA member, you have a special opportunity to become a member of the Bar of the United States Supreme Court in open court. This event includes a swearing-in ceremony, a continental breakfast, a group photo in front of the Supreme Court, and a curator’s lecture about the Court.
Preeminent judges for the final round of the Thomas Tang Moot Court Competition
At the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, the finalists of the Thomas Tang Moot Court Competition will argue before:
- Chief Judge Randall Rader of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Judge Denny Chin of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Walter Dellinger, Constitutional Scholar and Former Acting Solicitor General.
For more information about the Thomas Tang Moot Court Competition, click here>
If you would like to volunteer to be a judge for the competition, click here>
Exclusive Tours of DC
During the 2012 NAPABA Convention, you will have opportunities to tour:
- the White House
- Capitol Hill
- the national monuments
- the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, with a briefing from Director David Kappos
- the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, with a briefing from Chief Judge Randal Rader
42 CLE panels
Keep abreast of cutting-edge legal developments by attending CLE panels featuring NAPABA luminaries and other experts in their fields of practice.
Networking opportunities for your career and business
With over 1,200 attendees, the NAPABA Convention is the ideal place to forge important relationships and networks.
- Law students can improve their resumes and interviewing skills by participating in 8-minute mentoring sessions and mock interviews with Asian American and Pacific Islander leaders.
- Law firm attorneys can engage in one-on-one pitch sessions with in-house counsel for actual work.
- Judges and judicial officials can attend the Judicial Council Dinner at the U.S. Supreme Court.
- All attendees can find networking opportunities at subject matter committee receptions and dinners, such as the in-house counsel and partners dinner, new attendees dinner, and focused committee receptions.
7th Annual Mercedes-Benz Sweepstakes
NAPABA Convention attendees can enter for a chance to win a new Mercedes-Benz. The drawing will take place on November 17, 2012 during the NAPABA Convention at the JW Marriott Washington, D.C. The winner will choose between a new GLK350W4 and a SLK350. To enter the sweepstakes, which benefits the NAPABA Law Foundation, visit the NAPABA Law Foundation booth during the NAPABA convention. The winner need not be present at the time of drawing to be eligible to win.
To learn more about the sweepstakes, view the flyer and official rules here.
If you have questions or would like to enter the sweepstakes before the Convention, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202) 775-9555.
Inspirational Trailblazers and Best Under 40 Awards
Meet the trailblazing NAPABA lawyers who have paved the way for the advancement of other Asian Pacific American attorneys. And get to know several people who have followed in their footsteps, talented individuals within the Asian Pacific American legal community under the age of 40 who have achieved prominence and distinction in their fields of endeavor.
Late Night at the Newseum
Join us for a late night party and poker tournament at the Newseum, the world-renowned interactive museum of news and history.